How to use our extension - for test participants.
For desktop research, a Chrome extension is used to record the audio, camera and/or screen of the participant completing the test. This is how it works:
- Before testing, you will receive an invitation and answer a few screening questions to ensure that you are eligible for the test. To signup for invitations to our tests, click here.
- If you are eligible to participate in the test, you will be provided a unique link to the test (https://app.usertribe.com/<test_title>). It looks like this:
- After installing the extension, you can start your session. The test tasks will appear and our extension will start recording your session.
- When you have completed all the tasks and end the session, the extension will stop the recording and submit your response.
- You can uninstall UserTribe Recorder at any time. Right click the extension icon and click "Remove from Chrome".